About Me

Yoga changed my Life and it's just too good a thing to keep to myself! I have been practicing yoga since 1995 and am a certified yoga instructor. I teach a combination of classical Hatha, Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow. My teaching style is safe, compassionate and challenging at the same time. I teach at a number of studios, and also offer private and group lessons!

In addition to my schedule, I post other writings here, about yoga and Life in general. For private or group lessons, contact me at: workofheartyoga@gmail.com .

Monday, July 21, 2014

Back to teaching and loving it!

I can't tell you how good it feels to be teaching again!

I have missed being able to share what I love and live in yoga. And I forgot how much fun it is to teach, not just to practice. What makes it so fun? The students, of course!

For Jules' regular and very loyal students, it's fun to see them experience a new teacher and to adjust to a new situation. Think about how you feel when you go to a class that you love, only to find some stranger at the front about to teach. It's hard! Even for teachers! We try to practice Samtosha, acceptance, taking what is, whatever presents itself... but it's hard not to build expectations, especially for something that is generally consistent and to which you've grown accustomed. But as a teacher, it's so rich to watch a student go from maybe a little disappointment (or a lot!), and hesitation, to full blown letting-go-and-releasing-mode in a single class, and it is a pretty special thing.

I forgot how amazing it is to watch someone totally new to Yoga, experience the breath, the poses for the first time. I've watched people open up, both literally in their bodies, and I can read it on their faces. And maybe I've opened up too, after taking a break, and seeing my own practice from a different perspective, heck, teaching from a different perspective.

Change can be hard, but it can also be amazing, and wonderful. And that's just where I am right now. In a world that seems to be in major upheaval right now, I am really happy to be out there, trying to help people stay open, to find peace and calm, to try to generate a sense of unity and grounding. And I'm so grateful to Jules, her students, and to GODA Yoga for giving me the opportunity to do so.

So, if you haven't heard, or want to know when I'm teaching here's the schedule:

Tuesday and Thursdays, Beginner, 5:30pm -6:55pm
Fridays, Beginner, 6:30-8:00pm
Saturdays, Level One, 11:00am - 12:30pm
Sundays, Beginner, 11:00-12:30pm

GODA Yoga
9711 Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
cross street/ Watseka and Culver Blvd.
(310) 287-1255

There's 2 hours free parking at the garage on Watseka!

Come get your yoga on with me!

Peace!

No comments: