About Me

Yoga changed my Life and it's just too good a thing to keep to myself! I have been practicing yoga since 1995 and am a certified yoga instructor. I teach a combination of classical Hatha, Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow. My teaching style is safe, compassionate and challenging at the same time. I teach at a number of studios, and also offer private and group lessons!

In addition to my schedule, I post other writings here, about yoga and Life in general. For private or group lessons, contact me at: workofheartyoga@gmail.com .

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Welcome!

My Yoga website unveiling!
The time for my Yoga site unveiling has arrived! How did I ever come up with the name - Work of Heart? No, I did not meditate until I levitated, or channel the name through my 7 chakras (although I welcome THAT experience)... I simply asked for some help from my favorite people. And to all of you who contributed your ideas, I was touched by the way you described my teaching style. You gave me the context to identify the winning name, which came from my former intern-turned life-long friend, Jessie. Jessie, thank you for your creative genius and generous spirit. The name says so much about how I feel about, practice and teach yoga. I hope you will find meaning in it too...

Regarding New Classes: Keep checking my website for schedule updates...better yet, subscribe to my posts at the right, and my updates will be conveniently emailed straight to you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Your first comment.

The website is a work of "art" and I can tell that you put all of your "heart" into your teaching.
If the name fits...

Congratulations on creating this space for caring for ourselves, our communities, and the world.

Peace & Love & lots of bendy, healthy bodies and hearts...

Anonymous said...

Hey there - I really love your site! I really liked how you talk about 'being human' something that escapes me as I run from one task to the next - your words were very grounding and thoughful. Kudos to you!

love,

Katie =)